Bernard J. Brown, Esq., LLC provides criminal defense representation in both the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania. Attorney Bernie Brown carries on the legacy of his grandfather who started the firm and who was the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Pennsylvania from 1960 to 1968; he was selected by then President John F. Kennedy.
The firm handles all types of criminal arrests and charges, including the most serious felonies, such as homicide, murder, and sexual assault, and federal felonies charged by such agencies as the FBI, DEA, DOJ, and more.
Attorney Brown brings 15 years of experience in criminal matters to your case. He has also earned special certifications in cases dealing with state and federal litigation. These include:
- Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure 801- compliant and certified to handle Capital Death Penalty cases in state court.
- Certified to handle Federal Death Penalty cases under the Criminal Justice Act as a member of the Panel.
Attorney Brown has been involved in many high-profile cases, ranging from those involving the death penalty in murder charges to vehicular homicide, attempted homicide, aggravated assault, bank robbery, aggravated sexual assault, human trafficking, kidnapping, and more.
Attorney Bernie Brown is additionally highly-qualified to represent you in criminal charges based on his professional memberships and associations, including:
- Member of the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member of the PACDL Rules Committee
- Member of the Criminal Justice Act Panel
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- American Association for Justice
His honors and awards include:
- Selection as a Super Lawyer (2023)
- Selection as a Rising Star Super Lawyer (2020)
- Selection to the National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 100 (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Selection to the National Trial Lawyers Association – Top 40 under 40 (2019, 2020)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers -- Top 100 (2018, 2019, 2020)
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers – Top 40 under 40 (2019)
Trusted Family Legacy of Criminal Defense
Available Any Time You Need Us
30 Jury Trials to Verdict